Should I Self-Publish?
with Ursula Wong
A SWBC Intensive
Saturday, November 18, 2017
1:30 – 3:30 p.m.
Thayer Memorial Library
This workshop is open to those writers who attended Seven Bridge Writers’ Collaborative’s same-day session, The Secrets of Self-Publishing, and who want personalized guidance for their projects.
Join published writer Ursula Wong for an intensive two-hour session for writers struggling to find a publishing solution. The class will address situations shared by class members and incorporate the experiences of the instructors. Students who would like to discuss their manuscripts more specifically during class should contact email@example.com.
Class discussions will include challenges such as:
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of self-publishing a novel that is over 150,000 words?
- Where can I go for advice on editing or design for my book?
- How do I determine what genre I am writing in? Are all self-published books genre novels?
- Is self-publishing a YA novel a good option?
- If I publish traditionally, can I ever self-publish?
Each student will be given worksheets to estimate the time and cost of self-publishing his or her book as well as checklists for book launches, marketing, and social media engagement.
Level: beginning to intermediate. Class Fee: $40.00
TO REGISTER: Please fill out the form below and submit payment by clicking the payment button at the end.